What are the advantages of Dental BonDing?
Dental bonding or composite bonding is one of the most effective and least invasive methods for improving your smile. In comparison to alternative option of porcelain veneers, dental bonding benefits can be listed as:
- There is no need for drilling the teeth in a vast majority of the cases. Therefore dental bonding is one of the most advantageous forms of dental veneers.
- Dental bonding is almost fully reversible in most cases.
- Dental bonding does not always need to cover all of the tooth surfaces. This makes dental bonding to be an ideal choice for closing or reducing gaps between the teeth.
- Dental bonding is ideal for closing or reducing the space with the top front teeth, known as Diastema.
- Dental bonding is easily repairable. If a porcelain veneer gets damaged, a new veneer will be needed and has to be made by the lab. So it takes time and is costly. Dental bonding can be easily and directly repaired in the same visit and is much more economical.
- Dental bonding is much easier to reverse and remove from teeth than the porcelain veneers. This is because dental bonding is done by addition and usually no tooth is drilled off. So what is added as bonding can be removed.
- Dental bonding is usually completed in one visit. This is because dental bonding is directly placed on the teeth and then shaped and contoured and polished while you are on the chair. With dental bonding the transformation of your smile is almost instant.
- Dental bonding is usually cheaper than porcelain veneers or crowns.
- Almost anyone can have dental bonding as long as they have teeth.