What are the advantages of composite veneers?
Composite veneers or dental bondings are one of the least invasive treatment options for improving your smile. In comparison with alternative porcelain veneers, composite veneers’ benefits can be listed as:
- There is no need for teeth drilling in a vast majority of the cases. This makes composite veneers one of the most desirable forms of dental treatments. Composite veneers are considered to be a reversible treatment because there is no drilling necessary.
- Unlike porcelain veneers, composite veneers do not necessarily need to cover all of the tooth surfaces. This allows them to be an ideal choice for closing or reducing gaps between teeth. A good example of this is the gaps most commonly seen with top front teeth, otherwise known as a diastema.
- Composite veneers are easily repairable in comparison with alternative options. f porcelain veneers break or chip, a new one has to be made by the lab for replacing it. Composite veneers can be easily and directly repaired. Therefore composite veneers are a much cheaper and faster solution.
- It is possible to reverse composite veneers much easier than porcelain veneers. This is because for placing composite veneers, no tooth has been drilled off in the first place.
- Treatments are usually completed in one visit as composite veneers are directly placed on the teeth. With composite veneers the transformation of your smile is instant.
- Composite veneers are usually cheaper than porcelain veneers or crowns.
- Almost anyone can have composite veneers.